Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Window of Opportunity is Closing

I carefully selected some broad beans from my harvest last year and dried them ready for planting this season. The only problem was that I put them in such a safe place that I have spent the last fortnight trying to find them. I know that these really need to be planted soon.
Bingo!
This morning I remembered where they were and found them along with some coriander and rocket seeds.


I had recently been given a newspaper origami seedling pot and desperately wanted to try to make some myself.  After a bit of searching I found this great video tutorial.


These will be great for the broad beans and one of the great things is that I can plant these straight into the ground if I want as there is not tape or staples holding the pots together.

I even ended up making some from half a piece of newspaper and these will be great for my rocket seeds.


It is now time to get the pots into the little hothouse to help the sprouting come along a little faster. The weather is only just starting to cool down here.


In the next week or so I will be telling you about a little project you may like to join. 
Hint: you might like to practise making some of the seedling pots in preparation.

8 comments:

  1. Very clever BM. Kim is going to have a go making the little paper pots as well.

    Gav x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn those are cute! Got all my seedlings in for the year, but next year I'll make some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gavin, good to hear Kim will have a go. I would love to see how she goes. Once you get one or two done, they are really easy.

    HGF, they certainly are cute. I actually found the smaller ones easier to make. I can't wait to see them with a seedling growing out of the top.

    Wendy, thanks for visiting again. I hope you have a go at making these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs Bok, it is so wonderful not to have to use plastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate any comments you have to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...