Thursday, June 28, 2012

Oranges

It is amazing how clever nature is. To have orange trees brimming with juicy fruit while colds are making the rounds really is a work of genius.

With my kiddoes coughing and spluttering their way through the week, I was glad I had picked up a 12 kilogram bag of oranges at the markets on Sunday morning.  A glass of freshly squeezed orange juice always makes me feel so much better when a cold takes hold.



The only problem is there is always a glut of orange rinds. After a bit of looking around I found a great way to turn these into an all purpose cleaner.


So, at the moment I have a jar of vinegar covered orange rinds sitting in the cupboard. I will leave these for another week, remembering to turn these every few days,  and then dilute it and test is out as a cleaner.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Don't forget to jump over to this previous post if you are interested in the bread bag giveaway. I will draw the winner in the morning.

Take care

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have to think about this tomorrow. Don't want to waste a thing! ;o)

    Lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this cleaner with lemon peel and it is all I use now. Havnt boughtspray and wipe for ever. I didn't dilute. Cheers wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate any comments you have to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...