I was right. There is still enough washing and cleaning to keep me busy until … forever, but I managed to have a fairly productive day between the sewing machine and the ironing board.
I started with a very easy project. I bought some gorgeous tea towels on a trip back to Dunedin, New Zealand, last year and wanted to do something with these other than dry dishes. I measured one up again a pillow and the match was perfect so I decided to turn these into cushions. They would make a great addition to our lounge and be very convenient for those long nights in front of Buffy re-runs. All I did was cut two pieces of creme fabric, each a little over half of the length because I wanted to be able to make a button-up back panel. I surprised myself and even managed to cover my own buttons! Super simple and quick, and very handy for last nights viewing.
I tackled another project that was a little more detailed but not overly tricky. The pieces of the Japanese fabric are not very big so they need to be more of a feature rather than the main piece. I had been inspired by this, this and this as that whole disposable cutlery 'thing' gets to me, and used these as references to come up the dimensions.
I am really happy with the final product and will certainly be making some more. I just wish that I had taken all the measurements as I went because now I'll need to remeasure it all as I would like them all to look similar.
Back to the cleaning.