Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sourdough Update

I am now about 3 weeks into my 30 day sourdough challenge and I am actually really enjoying myself.

The starter came along nicely and there have certainly been many more successes than failures.

For a basic loaf recipe I am following this one and have been thrilled with the taste and the texture. The honey is a great little touch and ever so subtle.


On most days I am organised enough to get the starter out of the fridge and get it to room temperature, ready for adding the other ingredients later in the day. Yesterday I seemed to lack to energy/enthusiasm for loaf making so I thought a little pancake making was called for. This happened to double as and experiment and a Fathers' Day breakfast.


Blueberries were added during the cooking as I was following this recipe.



With a little maple syrup added these light and fluffy pancakes were a perfect way to start a beautiful Berlin day.

If you are in Perth and are interested in sourdough, you might like to know that Yoke at Wild Sourdough is launching her new book on September 25. I am sure you could email her at yoke@wildsourdough.com.au for more information.

Don't forget about the giveaway.

Take care

6 comments:

  1. Looking good! Looking good indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, they look great, will put on my to do list. Think I notice my digestion is better eating sour dough - unexpected though welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! I've always meant to get around to doing a sourdough, dough... one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHFG, these pancakes were delicious. They were really substantial and not just full of air. Plans are already underway for next weekends breakfast. I'll also be trying one of your fruit loaves soon too.

    Kirsty, definitely a "to do". Well worth it.

    Kristy, if you follow the sourdough starter from cityhippyfarmgirl you wil have a starter stared really easily. Jump in and do it. You won't regret it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. once again your cooking looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little piece of pie, thank you. Have you had a go at sourdough? It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I really appreciate any comments you have to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...